Description of previous Championship tournaments on chess9030.com
Once a year the “Chess9030 Championship” will be played to determine the Champion.
This event is performed in 2 stages: Candidates Swiss and a Match Championship
1. Candidates Swiss
This tournament shall determine the contenders for the Match Championship. The winner and runner up of the Candidates earns the right to a match for the “Chess9030 Championship”
- Format: Swiss System, 6 rounds (Depending on the number of participants could be more rounds)
- Eligibility: Tournament Winners – Hall of Fame
- No adjournament: All games must be played by the end of the 2-weeks period. Not played games will be adjudicated by the TD.
- Tiebreaks: Forfeits, Direct Encounter, Black Performance, Sonnenborg-Berger, Number of Wins.
- Prizes: 1st place: Pass to the Match Championship; 2nd place: Pass to the Match Championship; 3rd place: Three month membership extension donated by ICC; Best U2000, U1800 and U1600: 1 month extension each. (A single player can not get more than one prize).
2. Match Championship
The winner and runner up of the Candidates Swiss will play a 8-game match. As soon as a player achieve more than 50% of score points, the match ends and that player is awarded “2015 Chess9030 Champion”.
- All regulations contained in the Handbook apply
- If the score is tied after the 8 games two more games will be played and so on till the tie is broken.
- Prizes: Champion: One Year membership extension donated by ICC; Runner-Up: Six month membership extension donated by ICC.
|March – May
|August – November
||Tiebreaks (if needed)